I haven’t been very good about shopping deals. This week I’m trying to step up my game a little and score better savings, not only with my coupons.
The biggest thing I’m saving on right now with my coupons is Allegra-D. Adam has very bad allergies and has been taking Prescription Allegra daily. Well we were paying $22 for a one month supply (60 pills). Now that it’s over the counter it’s $20 for 20 pills ($60/month). So until the price lowers I’m using $4 off coupons each week.
I do have to run to the grocery store (Wal-Mart) after work to pick up something for dinner and I have a few things that I’m going to get CHEAP!
- Country Crock Butter – Dollar General has these on sale for 2 for $3. I can price match and get them at wal-mart for the same price. So for one it will be $1.50 - $1 coupon = $.50 (SCORE!)
- Vlasic Dill Spears – On sale for $1.88 - $1 coupon = $.88
- Oscar Mayer Beef Franks – On sale for $1.68. I have a coupon for $1 off 2. So I will pay $2.36 for 20 hot dogs rather than the $7.98 for two normal price! (BIG SCORE)
- Franks Hot Sauce – On sale for $1 – $.75 = $.25. (I missed a $1 coupon in the paper making it free)
- French’s Mustard – On sale $1.37 – $.50 = $.88 (Gonna get two of these)
So I should be able to get butter, pickles, 40 hot dogs, a bottle of hot sauce and 2 bottles of mustard for $5.75.